What our customers are saying

Can Teachers Claim Tax Back?

Thousands of teachers and education professionals in the UK have paid too much tax for a number of reasons, from unclaimed tax relief on union and professional fees, PE and sports clothing to having overpaid tax when when starting a new or second job, or paying tax under the wrong tax code. If you are a teacher we can help you check if you are due a tax rebate and claim it back, just enter a few details into our calculator to start your claim and get a quick no-obligation estimate.

Teachers can claim tax back

Frequently discussed subjects

  • Union fees for all of the major UK Teaching unions are tax deductible and you need to claim your tax relief it isn't paid automatically. Union subscriptions you can claim for include NUT, ATL and the new National Education Union, NASUWT, ASCL, Voice, EIS, UCU, NAHT and the NPH.
  • University fees are not tax deductible, neither are the costs of your Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or attaining Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
  • Aside from union subscriptions teachers can also claim tax relief on sports wear they buy for teaching PE and sports and other regulatory registration fees such as the GTC in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

What our customers are saying

Get in touch with us