Tax Rebates For Dental Nurses


As a dental nurse you’re used to operating suction equipment, but do you feel Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs might be sucking rather too much out of your pay packet? Do you realise that you are entitled to claim tax relief on certain costs of your employment? Thankfully Healthcare Worker Tax Rebate is on hand to help you get some of that tax back by claiming for some of the expenses of your job.

You can claim for:

Registration fees and subscriptions

As a dental nurse you pay subscriptions and registrations to bodies such as the General Dental Council (GDC), and the British Association of Dental Nurses (BADN). And, if you are a member of Unison, you can also claim for those fees.

Courses and insurance

Dental nurses often have to pay for CPD courses to stay up to date with new developments, and some also need to pay for professional indemnity insurance. These costs may also be tax deductible depending on your contractual terms.

Upkeep of uniform

It is also possible to claim an allowance for the laundry of your uniform; a dental nurse can claim on the same basis as any other nurse which means you can also claim the allowance for shoes and tights/socks.
This all adds up – plus, you can backdate your claim FOUR years. Usually, you’ll get 20% of the expenditure you incurred back. The tax relief will also be added to your tax code so you’ll have a less tax deducted from your pay in future years.

You won’t need to provide receipts. We can also help you out with historical subscription rates if you don’t have your own records.

How to claim

Just enter your details to get the forms to claim. It’s really simple to do and you can complete your part of the claim in seconds.